The successful candidate will report directly to the Plant Manager and will be responsible for the following key areas:
- Supporting procurement activities including processing purchase orders, and material controlling to ensure a continuous supply of goods and services, creating an optimal mix of cost, lead time, quality, and service to satisfy all customer and site needs.
- Performing day to day activities; purchasing goods, chemical materials, supplies and services that meet the organization’s standards in terms of price, quality, timing and reliability of supply.
- Inputting all PRs and other relevant documents into the SAP system and issuing Vendor Audit (VA) and the Approved Vendor List (AVL), etc.
- Supporting various activities including obtaining quotations, the development of bid analysis, and contract negotiations.
- Analysing and evaluating supplies, bids, tenders, proposals or quotations where the purchase order is more complex or of greater significance to the organization; negotiating prices and delivery conditions.
- Communicating with venders to resolve problems within associated time frames.
- Identifying and reporting on cost savings on a monthly basis.
- Participating in supplier audits and vendor assessments during off-site evaluations of both current and prospective suppliers.
- Maintaining purchasing policies and procedures in accordance with ISO requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in any related field.
- Strong preference for 3 – 5 years of professional experience in sourcing / purchasing in the chemical field or in a trading or manufacturing field.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Able to drive a car with own license.
- Experience with using Microsoft Office and SAP.
- Good communication skills with an honest personality.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
Our client offers the opportunity to work in this international environment with a benefits package including a company mobile phone, group insurance, a provident fund, a fixed bonus and upcountry allowance.