- Leading defect analysis and coordinating the functionality tests needed for support.
- Coperating with the Operational Excellence team, participating in continuous improvement activities and following World Class Manufacturing methodologies.
- Coordinating with all concerned departments to ensure all quality control and assurances are met and to analyse any problems which need to be overcome.
- Tracking quality performance for specific products i.e. return rate, customer complaints and in-process defective rates, and, leading cross-functional teams to improve these performances.
- Verifying and supervising all activities in the local plant in order to comply with company policy and regulatory requirements communicated by the Regional Quality Team.
- Applying advanced GMP and regulatory requirements to manufacturing processes.
- Understanding microbiological and food chemistry impact to a process in an efforts to solve a problem.
- Performing investigations of non-conformities of raw material/packaging material/in process/finished products/complaint products. Issuing reports on root cause findings and following up on audit action plans and report results for preventive/corrective actions, as well as verifying the results and ensuring they are communicated to the team and local management and that corrective actions are implemented within the anticipated time line.
- Supervising all functions associated with shelf-life studies, GMP/HACCP standards and food safety standards.
- Creating, maintaining and performing training about WI to QA and related functions and teams (food safety, GMP, and HACCP).
- Preparing plans to develop warehouse staff through internal/external training.
- Conducting monthly audits to ensure all functions follow associated quality standards (GMP/HACCP). Preparing detailed reports on audit findings and following up on audit action plans and report results for preventive/corrective actions, and, verifying the results and ensuring the results are communicated to the Regional Quality Team and local managers and all related corrective actions are implemented within anticipated time lines.
- Coordinating with various involved functions regarding plant trials and qualifications of innovation and non innovation projects.
- Conducting risk assessments with the R&D, Production and Engineering teams for any changes to manufacturing processes, raw materials or suppliers as directed by the Regional Procurement, Supply Chain or Quality teams.
- Creating plans to develop QA staff through internal/external training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Science, Engineering or any related field.
- At least two years of experience in quality control, coming from food manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of infant/follow-up formula/food GMPs, HACCP and regulatory requirements.
- Good understanding of GMP, GWP, food safety programs, plant hygiene, and pest control.
- An in-depth understanding of nutritional product manufacturing processes, including thermal processing, spray drying, and dry blending is preferred.
- Strong leadership and effective communication skills, and the ability to assess risks and shape decision making.
- Able to work 2 Saturdays per month.
Our client offers a competitive basic salary, a variable bonus, provident fund and a good career path.