Oversees inspection and testing of materials, parts, and products to ensure adherence to established standards of strength, quality, and endurance. Also responsible for operating mechanical and electrical test equipment to check apparatus for conformance to standard requirements.
Oversee the Quality Department, establishing programs and activities to ensure compliance with Business Quality Systems.
- Establishes site(s) strategies, systems and controls to support company and customer objectives in the areas of Quality Assurance/Compliance.
- Establishes and reports site(s) key Quality performance metrics and provides leadership support to assigned sites to ensure scorecard objectives are met.
- Implements and maintains overarching Quality framework, which utilizes assessment, training, and monitoring techniques to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations, and independent agency standards.
- Establishes and assures implementation of company-wide Quality programs.
- Manages quality incident resolution process including completion of root cause analyses, calculation of total cost of quality, implementation of corrective actions, and communication to key stakeholders.
- Addresses Quality concerns and operational improvement opportunities working with key stakeholders and implementing corrective actions.
- Manages the external/internal audit processes and supports site Quality representative responsible for executing any needed corrective action to address audit deficiencies.
- Provides guidance on staffing, training, employee relations and performance management to develop and enhance the Quality function, working closely with direct reports.
- Maintains industry, professional and technical knowledge by networking, attending industry events, and reviewing professional publications.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within food manufacturing or plastic manufacturing plant is a must.
- Knowledge of GMP is a must.
- Good command in English and computer literacy.
- Good command of QC tools, SPC, Six sigma, 8D, FMEA