The Quality Engineer will report to HR and Admin Manager and will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Being familiar with ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 14001.
- Ensuring the Quality System and product quality are maintained as per customer requirements.
- Being responsible for document control for the company.
- Assisting the QA Manager to ensure effective QEHS management systems performance.
- Preparing quality performance reports.
- Being in charge of the calibration system.
- Assisting and supporting the department in terms of the achievement of associated company goals.
- Ensuring all control documents are updated and distributed.
- Establishing WI for gauges.
- Being in-charge of, and controlling laboratory test processes.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and CB in relation to maintaining the QMS and quality performance.
- Assisting the QC Inspector to fulfill all QC inspection requirements.
- Providing support in relation to APQP and PPAP, and, controlling CAR, PAR or corrective action reports for closing issues.
- Being hands on with process and quality control in production areas.
- Providing a good background in quality control within the automotive industry.
- Understanding document control according to ISO/TS 16949 requirements.
- Implementing continual improvement methods.
- Problem solving and conducting related analysis.
- Providing knowledge about Lean, Kaizen, 5S and 6 Sigma.
- Promoting activities of the organization and company to achieve key performance targets.
- Being familiar with new product development processes, APQP and PPAP requirements.
- Providing competency in the 6 pack requirements of ISO/TS16949.
- Organizing various activities to support Environmental or Health & Safety Management Programs.
- Participating in SHE committee meetings to ensure the effectiveness of processes.
- Ensuring conformance with various rules and guidelines, including SHE policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience in quality assurance.
- Knowledge of quality system requirements for ISO/TS16949, safety, OHSAS18001 and Lean.
- Effective communication skills, proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to develop and prepare documents and monitor methods, standards and procedures for the implementation of the Quality Management System.
- Good interpersonal and working relationship skills.
- Ability to provide technical leadership.
- Positive thinking.
- Eager to achieve targets and timelines.
- Requires regular travelling and visits to suppliers and customers.
Our client offers a competitive basic salary, a provident fund, health insurance, a fixed bonus and a five day working week.