- The Quality System Engineer is responsible to set up, maintain the company quality systems, and quality awareness within the Plant.
- Being responsible for quality improvements within the Plant.
- Conducting or scheduling auditors to perform internal and external QMS, Process, and Product audits.
- Analysing all elements of the QMS and judging its degree of adherence to the criteria of ISO / TS 16949, customer specific requirements, and corporate policies.
- Applying skills, using appropriate tools and methodologies to verify, document, and communicate audit results and audit reports, and evaluating the effectiveness of corrective actions / follow-ups.
- Working and clarifying with customers regarding quality issues and following up on the corrective action reports and providing feedback to customers.
- Setting up day to day quality control planning, inspection and testing.
- Responding to quality problems and analysing the root cause, and, creating corrective action plans and 8D reports.
- Setting up and leading regular quality reviews and improvement processes.
- Improving and analysing defects in production processes and controlling scrap.
- Making sure that all actions associated with quality control activities are conducted effectively, efficiency and constructively.
- Setting up quality control rules and monitoring the execution.
- Devising sampling procedures and designs and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Following company rules (policies, procedures and work instructions).
- Using statistical tools (e.g. six sigma) to uncover, breakdown and verify the possible failure modes of each high priority warranty issue.
- Performing various other related tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quality Management Systems or Process Engineering.
- A proven and successful track record working in a quality-related role within the automotive industry.
- Knowledge of Quality Systems, ISO/TS 16949 requirements and Core Tools e.g. SPC, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, and Control Plan.
- Knowledge of BOMs and assembly DWGs.
- Problem solving, management and leadership skills.
- Good computer knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Power Point).
- Good command of spoken and written English.
Our client offers a benefit package including a gasoline allowance, mobile phone allowance, provident fund, group insurance, an annual performance bonus and promotional prospects along with the opportunity to be part of this growing company.
Please submit your resume stating your present and expected salary and ref. Quality System Engineer – JobsDB fax to 038 494 790, by Click “Apply Now”