- Participating in the development of new products. Identifying customer needs through active listening, distinguishing between “needs & wants”, exploring justifications.
- Collecting market intelligence or conducting market studies and sharing this information with relevant internal stakeholders for input regarding potential R&D/market plans.
- Providing technical support and advice to both internal and external customers and other team members.
- Liaising with QA and Purchasing in the development of vendor approval programs, material substitutions, sourcing and cost reduction.
- Supervising trials or first time production runs during new product commercialization.
- Verifying the results from the laboratory, and controlling the disposition of raw materials, packaging materials and finished goods.
- Performing investigations of non-conformities of raw material/packaging material/in process/finished products/complaint products. Issuing reports on root cause findings and following up on audit action plans and report results for preventive/corrective actions, as well as verifying the results and ensuring they are communicated to the Regional Quality Team and local management and that corrective actions are implemented within the anticipated time line.
- Assisting our current and new customers to adopt and approve our products. Providing support by resolving their technical issues by running application tests.
- Providing technical support to customers in accordance with marketing plans that support the launch of new products.
- Interacting with suppliers and ingredient consultants to keep abreast of new products and technologies.
- Developing and/or duplicating products as per assigned project briefs and ensuring that these products are suitable for manufacture.
- Preparing tentative and final product specifications for finished products for approval.
- Supervising the blending of new products to ensure manufacturing procedures are met.
- Interacting with all internal stakeholders to ensure alignment relating to solving customer problems.
- Reporting promptly to direct supervisors and team colleagues, e.g. by using visiting reports and evaluations.
- Bachelor Degree in Food Technology, Engineering or a related field.
- 5 - 6 years of relevant product development experience in the food industry, have experience of cakes, bakery or snacks will be an advantage.
- Very good in Technical - Quality/Research & Development.
- Ability to lead a team effectively to achieve business objectives.
- Good general management skills when working with cross functional teams.
- Very good problem solving, analytical and communication skills.
- Able to work 2 Saturday’s per month.
Our client offers a competitive basic salary, a variable bonus, provident fund and a good career path.