The Safety & Environment Manager will report directly to the Engineering General Manager and will be responsible for the following key functions.
- Developing the safety and environmental management system to comply with labour laws and company policy.
- Conducting safety and environment assessment audit programmes and routine safety inspections.
- Leading the Safety Committee and supporting its members to implement safety action plans and the company’ health, safety and environmental policies & procedures.
- Conducting various safety training for employees such as those relating to general safety awareness, new comer safety inductions, risk assessment, manual handling, fire safety and first aid, etc.
- Setting up an EHS annual plan and monitoring the efficiency of its implementation through the key performance indicators.
- Setting up, leading, implementing and maintaining Environmental, Health and Safety Management Systems e.g. Policy, Procedures, Work Instructions, Risk Assessments, Environmental Aspects, Internal Audits, Management Reviews (ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001).
- Monitoring and ensuring that the company is in compliance with Corporate Standards, Environmental, Health and Safety Regulations and Customer Requirements.
- Conducting Environmental, Health and Safety awareness training to all employees and contractors at all levels.
- Planning Environmental, Health and Safety monitoring as required by EHS regulations.
- Leading and supervising security personnel according to the company’s policy, arranging pre-medical check-ups for new employees and annual medical check-ups for existing employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in occupation health and safety or a related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in occupation health & safety and environment management, ISO 14001, TS16949 and OHSAS 18001.
- Good practical knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong leadership, good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Authorized Safety Officer, certified by the Government.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
Our client offers a remuneration package and the opportunity to be part of this growing company.