Our client is an elevator manufacturer. They are now looking for a highly motivated candidate to apply for the position of Safety Officer.
- Preparing health & safety (H&S) schedule and related documents for internal audits and implementation, including handling in-house H&S training for any relevant health and safety programs.
- Ensuring site compliance with current legislation and approving codes of practice, company policies and procedures.
- Conducting site facility surveys to determine safety improvements and assisting in the development and implementation of safety and loss prevention programs.
- Monitoring the safety performance of onsite workers to determine vulnerabilities, including checking workers to ensure that they are wearing the right PPE (helmets, jackets and gloves) before they begin their shifts.
- Inspecting the workplace at the beginning of each day ensure it is safe for operation and performing inspections on equipment and tools that workers will use during their shift.
- Writing detailed reports of any onsite accidents and conducting detailed safety audits on a periodic basis.
- Educating workers about the company’s safety policies and procedures that they need to follow.
- Communicating essential safety standards to workers during each walkthrough stage regardless of how many times they have been repeated.
- Conducting safety training and orientations, including developing and submitting a comprehensive safety report about each inspection.
- Male, aged 25-30 years old.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Heath, Industrial Hygiene & Safety, or any related field.
- Have a Legal Professional Safety Officer Certificate.
- Computer proficient using MS Office.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Minimum experience of 1 year in Occupational Health and Safety.