The Safety Officer will report directly to the HR Manager and will be responsible for the following key areas:
- Assuming full Health and Safety responsibility and representation in the absence of the Department Manager.
- Ensuring compliance with Environmental Management Systems by overseeing ISO 14001 activities.
- Managing ergonomic activities and Disability (WI) Claims and the modified work program, including report able QOS measurables.
- Providing meaningful statistics and recommendations to Management in a timely manner to ensure continued improvement of workplace Health, Safety, Environment and Loss Control.
- Providing company wide direction in relation to occupational hygiene concerns, hazardous materials management and environmental issues.
- Monitoring new and revised legislation and ensuring compliance to legislated requirements.
- Establishing written safety standards, reviews and updates annually to secure compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and company policies.
- Championing QS9000 required Health and Safety procedures, and being accountable for the successful conformance of all QS9000 audits.
- Conducting Health and Safety training needs analysis, development and presentations as required.
- Providing leadership to the Joint Health and Safety Committee (I.E. hazard identification and accident prevention).
- Reviewing all accident / incident investigations and monthly inspection reports and providing leadership in developing corrective actions.
- Liaising with the Engineering and Maintenance departments to ensure Safety and Ergonomic compliance of all new and existing equipment.
- Coordinating the development and implementation of Heath Promotions and Safety Awareness / Incentive Programs.
- Being involved in accident/incident investigation programs.
- Ensuring TS16949 awareness and adherence.
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Sound computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and presentation graphics.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- First aid certification.
- Fair command of both written and spoken English.
Our client offers the right candidate an exciting opportunity to join a large multinational company with an attractive basic salary and the opportunity to be part of this growing company.