Our client is a global logistics service provider with more than 25,000 employees. To support their overall business plan, the company is looking for high caliber professionals to effectively run internal processes. Among their open positions is the role of Sales Manager.
- Developing a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Managing the performance and development of the Sales team.
- Preparing action plans for individuals, as well as the team, concerning the effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiating and coordinating the development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of marketing plans.
- Providing timely feedback to superiors regarding performance.
- Providing timely, accurate and competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maximise the profit margin.
- Maintaining accurate records of all prices, sales and activity reports submitted by the Pricing Team.
- Controlling expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures and ensuring they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Recruiting, testing and hiring Sales staff based on agreed criteria.
- Ensuring Sales staff meet or exceed activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Delegating authorities and responsibilities with accountability and follow-up.
- Setting examples for Sales staff in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills and work habits.
- Conducting regular coaching and counseling with Sales staff to build motivation and selling skills.
- Maintaining contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Performing any other jobs as assigned by Superior.
- Graduate of a 4-year business related degree, preferably Business Management or Marketing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Male or female, over 35 years of age.
- 5 years experience in the Freight Forwarding industry is essential.
- Willing to travel in and out of the country.
- Computer literate.