Our client markets and distributes fuels and lubricants and has operations in more than 30 countries around the world. They recently set up new business operations in Thailand, and they are looking for dynamic and qualified candidates to be the priority group in starting up their petrochemical business operations. They are seeking to fill the position of Senior Accountant.
- Reporting to the foreign Head of Corporate Services and the Finance Manager in Malaysia.
- Ensuring that activities within area of responsibility are properly authorized, recorded and completed in a timely manner.
- Reviewing and preparing balance sheets, back-ups, and supporting documents.
- Performing all month-end closing and reporting duties; ensuring that accounting calendar deadlines are met on a monthly basis.
- Monitoring and controlling accounting subsystem.
- Developing recommendations and implementing approved policies and procedures in TMS, to ensure that government directives and legislation as well as company policies are followed.
- Communicating issues and suggesting improvements in current processes to the Finance manager on a regular basis.
- Maintaining and facilitating relationships with appropriate external bodies, such as government authorities.
- Submitting withholding tax and VAT to the revenue department.
- Completing bank, WHT, input VAT and revenue reconciliations.
- Being petty cash custodian.
- Liaising closely with auditors and other parties.
- Being involved in statutory fiscal closings PND 50 and PND 51.
- Sharing the tax knowledge, especially local and overseas tax with the team.
- Submitting overseas invoice tax reports on monthly a basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Aged 30 – 40 years old.
- CPD License is preferable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in handling Accounting, Taxation and Financial Position.
- Able to use the SAP with at least 2 years of experience.
- Experience with FICO and MM modules in SAP is an advantage.
- Willing to undertake a range of roles as required in a small office environment.
- Strong leadership, problem solving, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and spoken English skills.
- Flexible with time and able to maintain strict reporting deadlines.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good PC skills (advanced Excel, Access, Word and computerised accounting).
Qualified candidates please submit your resumes stating present and expected salary & package details by click APPLY NOW