Our client is a leading generator and supplier of electricity and steam as well as clarified, demineralized and chilled water. The company is currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced person to join its team in the position ofSenior Business Developer.
- Contributing in the development of greenfield projects, acquisitions and divestments
- Working, liaising and communicating with government institutions and other stakeholders focusing on local national regulation requirements for socio-economic, environmental, land acquisition, technical and other local aspects necessary to facilitate project development and on prospective activities.
- Coordinating the overall project development from initiation to financial close. This includes the finalization of documents such as PPA, fuel supply agreement, consortium and shareholders agreement, EPC and O&M arrangements, etc.
- Organizing due diligence missions under supervision of the Head of Business Development
- Coordinating & supporting team of multidisciplinary specialists in legal, finance and technical disciplines on development projects
- Reviewing all relevant and critical elements in projects and also project overviews and schedules from all team members
- Analyzing and selecting the best technical configuration(s) and contractor(s) appropriate for company strategies and customers’ needs
- Assisting in EPC contract(s) negotiations and providing support in negotiating MOU, joint development agreements or shareholder agreements with local and international partners
- Organizing, together with management, the initial review meeting, risk assessment meeting(s) and regional project review meeting, and preparing the investment memoranda for senior management approval
- Analyzing the project risk allocation as per the company’s methodology
- Coordinating the preparation, circulation and archiving of all required BD project documentation in compliance with applicable company process regulations and/or other regulations having jurisdictions
- Preparing, monitoring, analyzing and approving projects’ budgets, expenses as well as providing follow-up reports
- Providing signoffs on the overview and executive BD project documentation as needed/ required
- University education: Engineering, Finance or Applied Economics. MBA is a plus
- Minimum 10 years working experience, includinga minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in business transactions and project development of renewable energy and large scale power projects
- Previous experience in the development of energy projects is a must.
- Experience with technical, financial, economic and legal aspects of business transactions
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Able to work in a multicultural environment and multidisciplinary teams
- Customer oriented
- Excellent command of English and good computer abilities
- Be able to travel in Thailand and neighbouring countries