- Being responsible for the timely closure and reporting of Product Cost Accounting (including issue resolution, co-ordination with APAC sites) during month end closing.
- Conducting daily reviews of work order variance reports and analysing manufacturing variances i.e yield loss analysis.
- Supporting tax planning for transferring pricing for product costing and operating margin validation activity. Working closely with various functions, including Mfg, SCM and MM to gather all necessary information including that relating to production plans, sales plans and latest purchasing prices, etc to facilitate the annual review of standard costs. Also, understanding complex business structure & issues to be able to compute & follow up on the company’s financial planning strategy.
- Providing support for all transfer price uploads on an annual basis.
- Managing financial controls and the reporting of inventory issues in conjunction with various functions, including accounting, valuation, obsolescence management e.g analysing and reviewing inventory adjustments done by the SCM & Mfg; verifying the reasonableness and identifying process batch issues, and, working out the scrap sales process flow on inventory items with the SCM.
- Coordinating with the Costing team at various sites and site’s GL to ensure the month end procedure sequences are in adherence with the complete CCA cycle.
- Collaborating with the MFG team and site’s GL to ensure the accuracy of the actual periodic unit price for material ledger provision computation on a monthly basis.
- Assisting with the annual physical stock take with the SCM team and preparing corporate reports of physical count results.
Fixed Assets Management:
- Being responsible for the timely closure and reporting of Fixed Assets Management during month end closing
- Collaborating with various functions such as IT, the Purchasing Team, Accounts Payable and the Manufacturing team to review, analyse and implement procedures that directly impact the capitalization of assets/fixed assets accounting.
- Maintaining the fixed asset sub-ledger and general ledger to ensure all assets are accounted for in accordance with related accounting standards.
- Running fixed asset depreciation and posting journals in the general ledger.
- Reviewing and locating assets under construction (“CIP”) to ensure effective close out.
- CIPs once the related projects have been completed.
- Preparing various account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Assisting in performing reviews of idle fixed assets on an annual basis and with the physical count of fixed assets every 5 years.
- Preparing for audits related to fixed assets based on purchase cost and tax schedule for current year new addition and disposal with more detailed description for tax deduction and allowance claim assessment. Assisting with the Company’s audit requests related to costing and fixed assets from internal and external auditors.
- Strong knowledge in Thailand Financial Reporting Standards and IFRS.
- Strong understanding of operation cycles from purchase to production to sales, and, knowledge of transfer pricing processes and reporting requirements will be an added advantage.
- Solid knowledge of fixed assets management.
- Good working experience of SAP FICO & Production Process modules.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Meticulous, organized & both results & detail-oriented.
- A team-player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to articulate processes, batch issues and improvement scenarios to the Manufacturing/SCM team.
- Mature, responsible, self-driven and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills with a passion to pursue business process excellence to drive efficiency.
Our client offers a basic salary, housing allowance, provident fund, group insurance, a fixed and variable bonus and a five day working week.