The Senior Food Technologist will be reporting directly to the Product Development Manager and will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Developing and/or duplicating products as per assigned project brief and ensuring that these products are suitable for manufacture.
- Preparing tentative and final product specifications for finished products for the approval of the Product Development Manager and Quality Assurance Manager. This includes ingredient statements, nutritional composition, labelling and packaging requirements where appropriate.
- Driving the implementation and ensuring compliance of all Quality, Safety and Operational procedures across the Thailand operation.
- Supervising the blending of new products to ensure manufacturing procedures are met.
- Providing technical support and advice to both internal and external customers and other team members.
- Liaising with QA and Purchasing in the development of vendor approval programs, material substitutions, sourcing and cost reduction.
- Supervising trials or first time production runs during new product commercialization.
- Interacting with suppliers and ingredient consultants to keep abreast of new products and technologies.
- Bachelor Degree in Food Technology or a related field.
- 5 - 6 years of relevant product development experience in the food industry.
- Very good in Technical - Quality/Research & Development.
- Ability to lead a team effectively to achieve business objectives.
- Good general management skills when working with cross functional teams.
- Very good problem solving, analytical and communication skills.
- Very good command of English (speaking, reading & writing).
Our client offers a competitive basic salary, bonus, health insurance amongst others and a five day working week.