Our client is one of the largest food retailers in Europe. The company has a strong non-food business base and serves customers through different channels, such as discount stores, supermarkets and DIY stores. They are currently looking for a Senior Merchandiser – Textiles.
- Overseeing the entire order process, from order placement through to production and shipment.
- Following guidelines set by the merchandise manager.
- Maintaining close day-to-day relationships with customers to ensure accurate order placement, production and shipment.
- Supporting the merchandise manager in selecting and managing appropriate suppliers and product portfolios for the assigned product group.
- Screening all relevant sourcing markets in Asia and actively supporting the merchandise manager in searching for suitable (new) suppliers and products.
- Maintaining day-to-day supplier and customer relationships and managing the communication flow.
- Working on assigned projects in order to develop the business.
- Assisting in buying trip related matters, including coordination of meetings, travel arrangements and enquiry handling.
- Working closely with the QA team on quality-related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- At least 5 years work experience in a textile buying/sourcing company.
- Self-driven, result-oriented and well organized.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive, good working attitude, adaptable and willing to learn.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Good command of spoken & written English.
- Chinese speaking (Mandarin) is a plus.
- Able to travel to China and other Southeast Asian countries