The Senior Process Automation Engineer will be involved in all three phases of project 1. Front end loading (i.e. early project planning) 2. Detailed design and construction 3. Commissioning and startup. The Process Automation Engineer role exists to complete development of the application code for projects using programming tools and work processes.
The individual will have responsibility to feedback challenges and learning's to the Process Automation Lead to facilitate continuous improvement. The individual must have a strong background in process automation and be fully qualified and proficient in the application of this skill and knowledge in a unique project space. Depending on the experience of the applicant, opportunities exist to fulfill Process Automation Lead positions as well.
This role is responsible for applying their technical knowledge by providing automation solutions for the chemical process equipment involved. Along with providing solutions which add value through work process, unit operations, operating condition or process technology improvements. At this experience level the Process Automation Specialist acts as a Lead Process Automation Engineer for intermediate projects, or portions of the process automation design within larger capital projects under the direction of the Lead Process Automation Engineer.
Core responsibilities include:
- Applies Global Project Methodology (GPM) and Process Automation Work Process Discipline
- Ensures that the project scope is well defined and meets the business needs in a cost effective manner
- Ensures that the process automation is safe, meets the Loss Prevention Policy’s and other Environmental Health & Safety requirements.
- Drives project execution within their discipline
- Provides input to project schedule and plans, then monitors progress against the plans
- Ensure discipline design deliverables for their discipline meet the needs of the project: functions as intended, on time and within budget
- Identifies technical problems and appropriately engages the business technical center and subject matter expert network to resolve
- Programming of control applications for various distributed control systems. Writing simulation applications in order to verify functionality of the control program and for training plant operators
- Participate in project commissioning and startup activities, including tuning of control loops.
Leadership Responsibilities In the case of experienced applicants who would serve in a Process Automation Lead role, the following additional leadership responsibilities apply:
- Establish detailed planning of project process automation resources
- Track progress, schedules, and costs for the process automation team during all project phases.
- Complete technical review of the deliverables of the Process Automation team and provide coaching / constructive feedback
- Work with operations to define testing scenarios and oversee the simulation of the control program to test the strategy.
- Estimate the process control cost and schedule for the project based on guidance from the Migration Program and details of the specific project.
- Assemble final process control costs associated with the project.
- Serve as a member of the project steering team, along with other discipline leads.
- Critical Success Factors Critical Success Factors include:
- Strong technical knowledge chemical engineering and process control principles.
- Strong technical knowledge of programming techniques.
- Strong Excel skills to enable effective use of the work process.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with plant and program personnel.
- Attention to detail to enable accurate assessment of current process control functionality and effective implementation of new process control technology.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required with a Minimum of 7 year’s experience in one or more of the following industries is required. (5 or more years is preferred)
- Power/ utilities
- Paint coatings
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Science with process control
Reference Code: PAE1332508
Please submit your resume stating your present and expected salary and ref. Senior Process Automation Engineer - Jobsdb fax to 038 494 790, email by click “Apply Now”
PRTR Recruitment and Outsourcing (Eastern Seaboard) Co., Ltd.
3 Moo 9 Talaythong Tower,11th Floor, Sukhumvit Road,
Tungsukla, Sriracha, Chonburi 20230
Tel. 038-494700 Fax. 038-494790