The Senior Product Design & DevelopmentManager will report to an Expat and will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Leading all engineering matters related to the program with responsibilities on safety, homologation, durability, testing, prototyping, development, timing and cost.
- Managing development and providing guidance to the mechanical, electrical, suspension/powertrain, integration, prototyping group.
- Ensuring all satellite locations have the engineering approval properly executed.
- Internal/External Interactions:
- Working closely with the Program Management Team that leads the overall delivery of the projects. Cost and timing is the core deliverable other than engineering robustness.
- Coordinating engineering globally (Turkey, South Africa, Australia, Myanmar).
- Interaction with customer on engineering matters ie homologation, testing, specifications, etc.
- Interaction with OEM engineering regarding engineering data ie CAD, homologation, testing, calibration files, FEA, colour specs, etc.
- Delivery of robust engineering in terms of mechanical, electrical, suspension, powertrain, testing, prototyping and integration.
- Delivery of homologation and testing reports.
- Developing and guiding engineers to upgrade themselves.
- Coordinating with satellite engineering teams.
- Managing engineering systems and data using Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
- Creating ways to provide a robust solutions (think out of the box).
Program Management (Timing & Cost)
- Delivering engineering commitments within the time frame and cost targets.
- Supporting sales and aftersales in terms of engineering data and know how.
- Bachelor or higher in an engineering field with 12 years’ experience in Product Design, Product Development, testing (test lab, test track, homologation) and Engineering Management (safety, durability, testing, prototyping, development, timing and cost-expenses).
- Experience in an OEM automotive field, preferably with knowledge of suspension or powertrain parts.
- Familiar with CAD and CAE/FEA (static and dynamic) design work, APQP, FMEA, and DFMEA Lean Manufacturing Cycle Time Analysis, OEE, Process Flow and SMED.
- Experience in automotive standards and testing e.g. ECE, ADR, FMVSS.
- Strong Leadership and team building skills.
- Good command of English.
Our client offers a competitive basic salary, a provident fund, group insurance, an annual bonus and a five day working week.
Reference Code: PD1263107
Please submit your resume stating your present and expected salary and ref. Senior Product Design & Development Manager - Jobsdb fax to 038 494 790, email to “Apply Now”
PRTR Recruitment and Outsourcing (Eastern Seaboard) Co., Ltd.
3 Moo 9 Talaythong Tower,11th Floor, Sukhumvit Road,
Tungsukla, Sriracha, Chonburi 20230
Tel. 038-494700 Fax. 038-494790