The Senior Product EngineeringManager will report to an Expat and will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Leading all engineering matters related to the program with responsibilities on safety, homologation, durability, testing, prototyping, development, timing and cost.
- Managing development and providing guidance to the mechanical, electrical, suspension/powertrain, integration, prototyping group.
- Ensuring all satellite locations have the engineering approval properly executed.
- Internal/External Interactions:
- Working closely with the Program Management Team that leads the overall delivery of the projects. Cost and timing is the core deliverable other than engineering robustness.
- Coordinating engineering globally (Turkey, South Africa, Australia, Myanmar).
- Interaction with customer on engineering matters ie homologation, testing, specifications, etc.
- Interaction with OEM engineering regarding engineering data ie CAD, homologation, testing, calibration files, FEA, colour specs, etc.
- Delivery of robust engineering in terms of mechanical, electrical, suspension, powertrain, testing, prototyping and integration.
- Delivery of homologation and testing reports.
- Developing and guiding engineers to upgrade themselves.
- Coordinating with satellite engineering teams.
- Managing engineering systems and data using Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
- Creating ways to provide a robust solutions (think out of the box).
Program Management (Timing & Cost)
- Delivering engineering commitments within the time frame and cost targets.
- Supporting sales and aftersales in terms of engineering data and know how.
- Bachelor or higher in an engineering field with 12 years’ experience in Program / Project and Engineering Management (safety, durability, testing, prototyping, development, timing and cost-expenses).
- Experience in an OEM automotive field, preferably with knowledge of suspension or powertrain parts.
- Familiar with APQP, FMEA, and DFMEA Lean Manufacturing Cycle Time Analysis, OEE, Process Flow and SMED
- Strong Leadership and team building skills.
- Good command of English.
Our client offers a competitive basic salary, a provident fund, group insurance, an annual bonus and a five day working week.