Our client is a global provider of integrated logistics solutions for warehouses and distribution centres. The company now requires a well-organised and motivated individual for the position of Senior Service Engineer.
- Providing regular inspection and maintenance services on-site.
- Recovering systems in the shortest reasonable time.
- Responding to customer concerns and complaints in an adequate manner.
- Being a proactive thinker and turning client requirements into actions.
- Scoping potential investments for customers and communicating this information to the support team.
- Providing support to customers on installed systems (during and after office hours).
- Being the single point of contact between customers and the back office support team located in Malaysia.
- Assisting with commissioning and deployment during project implementations and providing on-site assistance.
- Managing spare parts.
- Recording incidents and problems and updating the support team on a weekly basis.
- Trouble-shooting and attempting to rectify problems personally before engaging support.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical, Controls Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience, preferably in the installation and commissioning of industrial / process equipment.
- Has hands-on experience and able to resolve electrical and mechanical problems.
- Independent and able to work under pressure.
- The ability to work overtime and unsociable hours to resolve problems on-site.
- Proactive thinker with a strong customer and team focus.
- Working experience of automated material handling systems and PLC knowledge is an added advantage but not essential.
- Troubleshooting skills and the capability to provide training if needed.
- Proficiency in English is a must (both oral & written).
- Computer literate and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.