The Shift Leader will be reporting directly to the Production Manager and will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Supervising shift production in line with production schedules and reporting the status to the Production Planning Department.
- Monitoring and controlling shift production costs.
- Conducting investigations in a timely manner with regards to shift production issues and report findings for the Operations Manager, and, implementing solutions under the Operations Manager supervision.
- Being responsible for ensuring the plant is running and maintained efficiently delivering required capacity, quality and yield.
- Supervising the Production team and taking responsibility for carrying out all processes and procedures in line with the Standard Operating Manual.
- Ensuring that all equipment in production is in a good condition.
- Supervising all staff and contractors on the shift.
- Leading shift information transfer during the shift change.
- Supervising and providing EHS knowledge to shift staff.
- Ensuring all staff work under EHS rules and regulations and actively promote EHS good practices.
- Conducting coaching and carrying out training programs for shift production employees, including on the job training for quality / EHS / trouble shooting / productivity and general improvements.
- Supporting the implementation of Six Sigma & 5Ss, including cost reduction / cycle time improvement / quality / continuous improvement programs.
- Being responsible for entering production and SAP data and compiling reports as required.
- Being an initial point of contact in cases of business disruption with internal or external impact (fire department, plant protective force, works management) and reporting all incidents to the Operations Manager immediately.
- Ensuring the correct raw material quality and quantity is used in production manufacturing.
- Supporting the introduction of new products/processes in collaboration with the Engineering and Technical department.
- Representing the shift team and communicating all HR & Admin issues.
- Providing support in relation to ISO9001:2008 and other Quality Management Systems implemented on site.
- Demonstrating an excellent level of personal involvement and awareness in all Environment, Health and Safety matters, and, supporting EHS initiatives and improvement processes.
- Bachelor Degree or Vocational in Petrochemical / Manufacturing / Maintenance / Electrical or any related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in hands-on production supervision from a chemical industry background is preferred.
- Chemical process control, DCS, PLC skills, SAP knowledge.
- People management skills.
- Team worker.
- Communication skills.
Our client offers an attractive benefits package, a challenging position, a good career path and a five day working week.