The Site Manager will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Ensuring systems are in place to reduce variation, produce quality products and meet customer needs. Interfacing with customers as required.
- Providing administrative leadership and coaching to the site personnel (i.e. role clarity and expectations, compensation, employee development, deployment, recognition systems, etc.).
- Ensuring the implementation and ongoing effectiveness of work processes, operating discipline, management systems, enabling technologies and roles.
- Ensuring necessary resources are in place to meet production requirements and achieve the site specific business goals.
- Providing effective leadership, coaching and expectations for the personnel participating in the site goal and budget setting processes. Challenging teams and individuals to set, monitor and achieve goals aligned to the business and site strategies.
- Ensuring effective SHE management and resourcing to achieve regional and global SHE goals and complying with regulatory and permit requirements. To ensure all personnel fully understand and adhere to the site SHE Principles and Golden Rules at all times. To ensure that all accidents / incidents are reported and thoroughly investigated in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that all site activities are conducted following the correct policies, procedures and processes, including Permit to Work and Management of Change.
- Creating an environment that fosters team and individual operational excellence. Establishing and modelling expected behaviours for an operational excellence organization.
- Personally communicating and establishing communication and learning systems, example: supporting, leading and developing subordinates and efficient organization structures and processes, etc.
- Ensuring all aspects of site leadership, integration responsibilities and other roles are appropriate to the local area or business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field. An MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in manufacturing with at least 5 years at management level.
- A background from the chemical manufacturing industry or a multi-national company is preferred.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- A track record of team development and engagement.
- A technical background in the chemical or consumer process related sectors is highly desirable.
- Good command of the English language with computer proficiency.
Our client offers an attractive benefits package, a challenging job, a good career path and a five day working week.