The SupplierDevelopment Engineer will report to the Global Quality Department and will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Follow supplier selection process to ensure client requirements are protected to have long term business association.
- Adhere to APQP requirements and ensure linkages of Process flow, PFMEA, Control Plan.
- Ensure PPAP review in compliance to automotive standards.
- Cross functional team working for safe launch of new products.
- Exposure to plastic/sheet metal tooling or part production.
- Support Engineering changes and VA/VE proposals to achieve cost reduction.
- Ensure compliance to ISO/TS 16949 quality system requirements.
- Identify critical manufacturing processes that are required to make the part to print at supplier's end and drive the controls for safe launch.
- Ensure suppliers are updated and comply with client processes and customer specific requirements.
- Work with the supplier to analyze the rejections and find out the root cause. Ensure implementation of corrective/preventive actions.
- Conduct Supplier Process and System Audits per the schedule.
- Manage the Supplier Development activities to meet the client business requirements.
- Ensure global programs deliveries are met on development, launch and problem solving.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years related experience (supplier quality or quality engineering) preferably from automotive industry.
- Experienced in supplier quality assessment, supplier development for plastics / sheet metal part.
- Knowledge of quality system requirements for ISO/TS16949. Internal quality auditor, lean is a plus.
- Knowledge of quality inspection and quality assurance techniques, theories, principles and drawings.
- Effective communication skills, proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Requires regular travelling and visits to suppliers and customers.
Our client offers a competitive basic salary, meal allowance, provident fund, group insurance, a fixed and variable bonus and a five day working week.
Reference Code: SD1170305
Please submit your resume stating your present and expected salary and ref. Supplier Development Engineer - Jobsdb
Please submit your resume stating your present and expected salary and ref. HR Manager - Jobsdb fax to 038 494 790, or click “Apply Now”