The SupplierDevelopment Engineer will report to the Quality Manager and will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Establishing and managing supplier quality controls with continuous improvement processes and ensuring an effective incoming part completion link for the inspection of incoming parts.
- Ensuring the accurate reporting of defects and interfacing with suppliers and plant incoming engineers and / or process engineers regarding daily concern management and the completion of interim corrective actions for all supplier concern cases.
- Verifying and following up on corrective & preventive actions with supplier and providing on time updated 8D status and ensuring the closure on the MRR tracking list (analysis of supplier concerns and 8D follow up).
- Communicating supplier concerns to monitor supplier performance to specific plants (supplier BOS).
- Tracking and monitoring PPM and QR targets and performance and reporting in TPPA reports with report cards (on a monthly basis).
- Communicating supplier related critical issues to higher management level.
- Interfacing with Supplier Performance Engineers regarding PPAP processes and approving Delivery Announcement Notices (DAN).
- Evaluating parts and executing functional check reports (FCR) for low and high impact parts.
- Leading and conducting supplier product audit activities and joint check activities.
- Supporting any audits from customers and third parties in the part of the supplier monitoring process.
- Gathering cost information and initiating charge backs to suppliers (if any).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or a related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in quality assurance systems associated with automotive parts.
- Knowledge of quality system requirements for ISO/TS16949. Internal Quality Auditor and Lean is a plus.
- Knowledge of quality inspection and quality assurance techniques, theories, principles and drawings.
- Effective communication skills, proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Requires regular travelling and visits to suppliers and customers.
Our client offers a competitive basic salary, a meal allowance, provident fund, group insurance, a fixed and variable bonus and a five day working week.