The Supplier Quality Engineer will report to the Quality Manager and will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Developing and improving supplier quality.
- Reviewing, improving and monitoring raw material inspection processes (process standards, regulations and documents).
- Managing product reports that do not meet the requirements of local and overseas suppliers.
- Coordinating with engineers or related people concerning the quality assurance of overseas suppliers.
- Coordinating with the Purchasing Department regarding finding new suppliers.
- Managing product changes (engineering, production source and production line) and value engineering.
- Reviewing and approving production components from suppliers.
- Monitoring and evaluating suppliers.
- Inputting, revising and updating raw material information in the system before submitting to automobile manufacturers.
- Handling raw material input training for suppliers to meet the company requirements.
- Coordinating with the Purchasing department regarding evaluating supplier performance.
- Supporting ISO 16949 and the Company quality standards.
- Improving all new product programs to meet the Company quality requirements.
- Improving component approval documents in the system.
- Providing training about new and old product reading for raw material checkers.
- Controlling and providing training about work operations, raw material inspections and packaging for external store officers.
- Performing various other tasks as assigned by the direct manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Experience in plastic and rubber manufacturing will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience (supplier quality or quality engineering) preferably from the automotive industry.
- Knowledge of quality system requirements for ISO/TS16949. Internal Quality Auditor and Lean knowledge will be a plus.
- Knowledge of quality inspection and quality assurance techniques, theories, principles and drawings.
- Effective communication skills, proficient in written and spoken English.
- Requires regular travelling and visits to suppliers and customers.
Our client offers a competitive basic salary, a meal allowance, provident fund, group insurance, a fixed and variable bonus and a five day working week.