Our client is a large European freight and logistics company. Currently, the company is looking for high calibre professionals to effectively run internal processes. Among their open positions is the role of Transportation Manager.
- Managing transport management activities to support customer accounts in assigned areas.
- Providing transportation services to fulfill customer needs, maintaining and enhancing business relationships with customers.
- Leading a transportation team to ensure the effectiveness of processes, including management of resources, performance, occupational health, safety, environment and quality.
- Establishing and implementing transportation strategies byconsidering the direct impact on commercial objectives and on business results.
- Making effective business decisions and recommendations to drive performance.
- Taking full responsibility for budgeting and the P&L statement for the transportation business.
- Planning, directing and coordinating transportation operations within the area of responsibility.
- Identifyingimprovements to customer service and solving transportation problems.
- Developing and implementing solutions to enhance the effectiveness of transportation management.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Logistics or a related field.
- At least 10 years’ of experience in Transportation Management.
- At least 5 years’ of experience in a leadership position.
- Experience in planning, budgeting and managing third parties.
- Good organizer with the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to make quick decisions under pressure.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Able to communicate in English.