Our client are a leading Thai company in the telecommunications market who are presently seeking an experienced senior appointment to head up the Web and Applications Development Team based at their prestigious head office location in Bangkok.
The appointment will be at Vice President level and will be tasked with the development and implementation of web applications to enable their large customer base to connect with devices and utilize talk time and mobile data more effectively.
The Head of Website & Application Development will be responsible for website, mobile site and application development according to business requirements.
- To manage selected vendors for the production of all front-end portals of the brand.
- Translate branding and marketing needs into technical requirements on website and app, and communicate these to vendor’s development teams.
- To ensure that vendors deliver according to agreed requirements and timelines.
- To contribute from a technical perspective to ensure that front-end portals deliver the best customer experience to promote and increase customer adoption and retention.
- To work with Head of IT Operations for integration/UAT related to website and apps.
- Work closely with marketing team and product team to continuously evolve and update front-end portals, once the initial development phase is complete.
- Manage and lead a team of high caliber developers for any in-house development work, to provide on-going operational and production support of front-end portals.
- Stay current with web development trends, best practices and technology to provide recommendations for the web/app development roadmap.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience developing complex responsive websites, web applications and mobile applications for iOs and Android.
- Experience managing web and application development agencies, along with demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Familiarity with e-commerce applications and associated security principles a plus.
- Strong communication skills, with fluency in both English and Thai.