Our client is a leading snack, foods and consumer products manufacturer in Thailand. The company is now seeking a suitable candidate for the position of VP - R&D.
Location: Prawet, Thailand.
- Creating and launching a series of new products (from concept development to commercialization) on an annual basis.
- Working with colleagues and clients in order to create and present concepts and moving the best ideas to full commercialization.
- Introducing new technical innovations.
- Monitoring the food and consumer packaged goods industry closely, including food and flavour trends
- Evaluating new raw materials for inclusion in new products or in the cases of existing products to achieve savings for functional improvements.
- Managing a full portfolio of product development projects and managing project plans and timelines in order to achieve new corporate product development goals.
- Participating in plant trials of new products, including approving and releasing samples from the trials to customers.
- Assisting in the presentation of new products to customers (which might involve travel from time to time).
- Developing and setting formulations, including all manufacturing instructions, and collaborating with food scientists who create internal product specifications for QC testing, develop label specifications and create applicable customer technical information packages.
- Enhancing current formulations, evaluating manufacturing instructions and current internal processes and recommending improvements.
- Enhancing product profitability by improving formulations and processes.
- Male or female, aged 38 - 45 years old.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Chemistry, Food Science or Microbiology.
- Minimum of 7 years product development / R&D experience from concept to commercialization and must be experienced in the food & beverage or food supplement industry.
- Possessing extensive ingredient and flavour applications experience.
- Able to accurately prepare specifications, label declarations and formulations with no technical errors.
- Possess strong business acumen.
- Able to identify opportunities and exhibit high energy and a willingness to be involved.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Background in food chemistry and statistical analysis as used in designing experiments and measuring process capabilities.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with people at all levels and experience in a team oriented environment is required.
- Must be creative, pro-active, have the ability to "think outside the box", accept or create new ideas and take calculated risks regarding new products and process developments.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in using Microsoft Office.
- Good command of English.
Qualified candidates please submit your resumes stating present and expected salary & package details via APPLY NOW
P.R. Recruitment and Business Management Co., Ltd.
2034/82 Ital - Thai Tower, 18th Floor, New Petchburi Road,
Bangkapi, Huaykwang, Bangkok 10320
Tel. 02-7160000 Fax. 02-7160056